The Orrell Trust
The Orrell Trust is a small charity, working in Bootle and surrounding areas, committed to improving our local community to make it a better place to live. Our bright, modern, well-equipped base provides a sustainable community facility in an area of deprivation and disadvantage which encourages community cohesion and benefits individuals and the wider community. In line with identified community need, our three main areas of focus are:
- Developing work with older people
- Community cohesion.
- Developing work with children, young people, and families.
We have an impressive track record of delivering projects that recognise and respond to the needs of our community. Our projects provide well-structured sessions that also give space to simply socialise, thereby helping to reduce loneliness and social isolation, and promoting wellbeing. Our current projects include:
- The Jolly Soap Opera Mob – A social club for young adults with additional needs
- The Wednesday Club – a social club for over-55s
- Soup in a Basket – our monthly luncheon club
- Down Orrell Hey – a Memory Café
- Crochet Group
- A drop-in coffee morning
In 2021 we were delighted to receive funding from The National Lottery Reaching Communities Fund to secure and develop our work for the next three years.